DNA as data carrier
DNA storage (using DNA as data carrier) technology is a technology that focuses in the future with epoch-making significance. It employs the four chemical groups “A”, “G”, “T”, “C” of the DNA. They are in a specific order arrangement to form the information coding. As a technology that can store text, images audio and video documents by using artificial synthesized DNA as the storage medium, and then fully read the data subsequently it has the following advantages: high efficiency, large storage capacity, long storage time, easy access and free maintenance.
Scientists from Synbio Tech. master the third generation synthetic biology technology platform which can greatly reduce the manufacturing cost of DNA synthesis. We use the 4 base letters “A”,”G”,”T” and “C” to develop safe and reliable custom code. Then, according to the code, DNA sequences are synthesized accurately on chips, rapidly as well as massively. We sincerely invite you to join in developing DNA digital storage systems.
Advantages of DNA storage:
- Small volume. A base only has the size of dozens of atoms. People keep the data based on this thus the overall volume will be significantly smaller than the traditional hard drive.
- High indensity. One DNA fragment contains base pairs with geometric magnitudes. 1 g of DNA is able to store 2.2PB data, which is equivalent to the capacity of about 3 million ordinary CD discs，42 thousands of copies of BD with 50GB capacity, or 700 hard disks each with 3TB capacity (almost 151 kg).
- More stable. DNA can be stored for hundreds of years under normal conditions, while other storage media that need low temperature and/or vacuum preservation. Thanks to the development of micro-fluidic technology, the synthesis and arrangement of DNA become a simple and convenient operation.
- Coding sequence design
- DNA synthesis
- Information verification
- design scheme
- synthesis chip/DNA
- data analysis report
Price and turnaround time
Please contact email@example.com for specific price, turnaround time and technique related issues.
Progress of DNA storage technology:
- In August 2013, Argentina scientist Federico Prada et al. successfully implanted the country’s national anthem melody in a certain kind of bacterial chromosome in the form of artificial DNA sequence.
- In January 2013, Dr. Goldman of the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI) and his team stored 154 sonnets of Shakespeare, a photo, a PDF scientific paper and 26 seconds audio fragment of American civil rights leader Martin Luther King’s speech “I have a dream” in a DNA fragment that can hardly be seen with the naked eye.
- In August 2012, George church R & D team of Harvard University can already store 96 bits data in DNA chain through new DNA synthesis technology. Bases such as adenine, guanine, cytosine and thymine all have their own binary value. Then the gene sequence was synthesized by microfluidic chip and the location of the sequence along with associated data will be matched after this.