Synbio Technologies is a multinational corporation with operations both in the United States and China. To support the rapid growth of the company, we are recruiting talents in a variety of areas. See below open positions. For more details, you can contact human resources at email@example.com.
Senior Scientist – Synthetic Biology
Synbio Technologies is committed to establishing cutting-edge DNA technologies for the advancement of research worldwide. Synbio Technologies has built a comprehensive DNA reading-writing-editing platform to provide one-stop DNA solutions to challenges and innovations in synthetic biology, diagnostics, and therapeutics.
We are seeking a dedicated, self-motivated, and creative scientist specializing in synthetic biology, genome engineering, yeast manipulation, and microbiology. This position will be essential to building up and expanding our yeast engineering platforms to optimize its usage as a synthetic biology implementation. The candidate will work in multiple genetic/genomic areas and projects, collaborating closely with other research teams to develop and characterize yeast engineering based synthetic biology approaches.Specific Responsibilities
- Develop a synthetic biology platform to engineer yeast cells that mediate synthetic biology products and novel therapeutics.
- Lead genome editing efforts to develop novel methods for designing, engineering, and delivering collaborative projects.
- Establish a systematic workflow incorporating appropriate assays and QC metrics.
- Provide technical and scientific leadership, including hands-on execution of experiments and training of junior technicians.
- Effectively communicate project requirements, status, and deadlines with internal and external teams.
- Represent the company to attend and present at scientific/business conferences or trade shows.
- PhD degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Biology Chemistry, with 3+ years of research experiences.
- Hands-on research experience in genome engineering, CRISPR-Cas9 editing, yeast engineering, synthetic biology, etc.
- Experience with cell biology, pathway design and synthesis, gene synthesis, metabolic engineering, gene therapy, and protein engineering is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to multi-task and handle diverse responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with a wide variety of technical teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Senior Scientist – Protein/Antibody Engineering
Synbio Technologies is seeking a qualified individual to lead antibody engineering and functional applications. The individual will be responsible for the design of intracellular antibody discovery and optimization, developing biochemical and cell-based screening/reporter assays for therapeutic antibody lead selection, screening of antibodies from hybridoma and display libraries, antibody V gene sequencing, recombinant antibody expression, purification, and characterization. The candidate will be responsible for defining, developing, and implementing technology and commercial strategies, initiating and establishing teamwork and execution of work plans from an antibody’s early discovery to functional characterization and leads validation. Must support business development transactions such as research collaboration, OEM negotiation, and business development partnerships. The candidate will be the key to driving those activities to achieve strategic goals and financial objectives for the sustainable long-term growth of the company.Responsibilities
- Express and purify proteins in mammalian cells, E. Coli cells, Yeast cells, and insect cells.
- Design, test, and optimize the discovery & development of antibodies.
- Create infrastructure/libraries for one of the display platforms (phage/Yeast/mRNA).
- Design, generate and optimize synthetic antibody libraries (i.e. ScFv library, VHH library, full-length library, etc.).
- Create infrastructure for the display platforms (phage/Yeast/mRNA).
- Development of biochemical and cell-based reporter assays for antibody lead generation.
- Express, purification, and bio-physical characterization of antibodies.
- Initiate and coordinate projects with different departments (i.e. Project Management and Business Development).
- Teach and mentor junior research associates and interns.
- Independently analyze and present data to scientific teams.
- Strong commitment and accountability for completion of projects in accordance with team plans.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and goal-orientation.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Protein/Antibody Engineering, Immunology, or related field with 0-3 years postdoctoral Biologics experience is preferred.
- Proven record in protein expression and purification.
- Experience in antibody engineering and affinity maturation.
- Hands-on experience in antibody engineering in areas of hybridoma sequencing, synthetic antibody library construct designs, and antibody expression is required.
- Experience with antibody sequence isolation, repertoire analysis, and V region classification.
- Direct experience in antibody library designs and testing using one of the display platforms (Phage, Yeast, mRNA) is preferred.
- Ability to collaborate with Synthetic gene and Vector Engineering colleagues to generate appropriate in vitro, cellular, and in vivo data packages.
- Hands-on experience with transient and stable expression of proteins in CHO or HEK293 cells and antibody production and purification methods.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, ability to multi-task, and quick to learn new techniques.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal strongly preferred.
- Significant design and development experience in a cell-based reporter system to test protein-protein interactions.
- Open to learn new techniques and implement them in the group and experience working within a cross-functional therapeutic program team or academic group.
Senior Research Scientist
- Implement new technologies in genomics and molecular biology to improve lab operations, including on-time delivery, quality control, lowering the error rate, etc.
- Establish lab operations SOPs to ensure corrective actions are taken and documented.
- Maintain and improve QA/QC system in order to keep outstanding service quality.
- Develop novel technologies and products for DNA assembly (applications and protocols)
- Ensure good levels of DNA manipulation for experiment interpretation and reporting system.
- Collaborate with team members to meet project deadlines and accomplish research objectives.
- Complete department and personal goals.
- Provide technical support to global business development team and engage in BD activities and strategic planning.
- Fulfill additional responsibilities as assigned by the reporting manager.
- Ph.D. degree in cellular and molecular biology, synthetic biology, or a related field.
- 1-2 years of post-doctoral experience is preferred.
- Prior extensive experience in molecular or cell biology.
- Hands-on experience in molecular biology is required. Especially with DNA manipulation, RNA manipulation, and protein engineering.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical data and time management skills.
- Team player.
- Operate molecular biological experiments such as PCR cloning, DNA and RNA preparation, plasmid preparation, protein purification, RNA transcription, etc.
- Perform routine maintenance of lab equipment.
- Follow and help to develop Standard Operating Protocol.
- Maintain research data and update project status.
- Communicate with customers occasionally by phone and e-mail in a friendly and professional manner.
- Bachelors or above degree in biology related field with 0-3 years industrial experience.
- Strong molecular biology background with hands-on experience.
- Good communication, organizational, and time management skills.
Business Development Specialist
Synbio Technologies is looking for a qualified individual to lead the corporate Business Development function. The Business Development Specialist will be responsible for achieving sales and profit goals in a designated geographic territory.Responsibilities
- Understand and demonstrate expertise in topics related to molecular biology, DNA plasmid construction, protein expression, antibody engineering.
- Deliver effective scientific/technical presentations and demonstrations of Synbio Technologies’s services and products.
- Execute plans to meet assigned sales quotas.
- Provide regular updates on progress towards meeting assigned quotas.
- Accurately manage sales pipeline activities by managing existing customers and continuously working to expand our customer base.
- Attend trade shows and conferences.
- All other duties as assigned or necessary.
- Advanced degree in biology or related fields is required (Ph.D. degree is preferred).
- 0-3 years of experience in biotech/pharmaceutical fields is preferred.
- Strong knowledge base of molecular biology.
- Understand drug discovery and synthetic biology.
- Good communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Highly adaptable and independent, take initiative, and have a growth mindset.
- Thrive in a start-up, rapidly growing company environment.
- Proven track record in achieving sales targets.
- Strong desire to win business and establish long-term customer relationships.