In the advent of the era of data explosion, traditional data storage media can no longer meet the current needs of the world. The development of new data storage media has become a recent trend for scientific and technological development. As a medium of data storage, DNA has become one of the powerful magic weapons to solve the data storage crisis because of its high storage density, long storage time, small space occupation, and low maintenance cost.DNA Data Storage Market Size
The global DNA data storage market is estimated to grow from $36.4 million in 2020 to $525.3 million in 2025, with a CAGR of 70.6% (BCC Research). The report divides the DNA data storage market into the following sectors:
- by type (commercial, research & prototyping)
- by deployment (cloud, on-premise)
- by application (archival, quality control, research & prototyping)
- by end user (banking, financial services & insurance, government & defense, healthcare & pharma, media & entertainment, other)
- by sequencing platform (next-generation sequencing, nanopore sequencing)
- by synthesis platform (chemical-column based, chemical-microchip based, enzymatic)
- by geography (Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, and Rest of the World)
As the core technology of the DNA data storage process, artificial DNA synthesis technology is the key to the application of DNA data storage from concept.
The main steps of DNA data storage are as follows:
- Data coding: convert computer 0/1 binary information into A/T/C/G base sequence.
- Synthesize specific DNA base sequences.
- DNA sequencing: use sequencing technology to read the synthetic DNA base sequence.
- Data recovery and interpretation: interpret the binary information corresponding to the base sequence to understand the specific information stored.
Scientists at Synbio Technologies have mastered the next generation synthetic biology technology platform which can greatly reduce the manufacturing cost of DNA synthesis. We have also developed our DNA StudioTM to achieve bi-directional transcoding between “A, T, C, G” and digital information. Then, according to the code, DNA sequences are synthesized accurately on chips, rapidly as well as massively. We sincerely invite you to join in developing DNA digital storage systems.